Monday, November 24, 2008

Outstanding Ad, Funny Sign in China



During a visit to China, I saw this ad inside Beijing airport. I wondered then if the ad agency meant "Stand Out, Ad Here" when it said "Be Outstanding, Ad Here".

I cannot help but recall some of the mis-translated signs in China.


Borrowed from here.

I don't really get this sign. Step to the moon? Is it referring to large holes, ie craters?!


Borrowed from here.

And I got lost in the first line of this one. Hyphenated word of the week: "Fake-cracking"


Borrowed from this site.

For more, visit Keith's, tripntale's and webguru's collection of funny Chinese signs.

And just to show that China does not have the monopoly of funny signs, Peter of Travellerspoint gathered 20 signs from around the world.



This is my favorite from Travellerspoint collection, a sign in India. Woohoo!


Funny sign taken in Thailand, shared by Gadling.

Remember similar funny signs seen elsewhere? Share it.

No comments: